Parent Education & Support
Parent Education is curriculum-based and always changing to
meet the needs of parents and the community.
Parenting Education & Support
“Looking for Quality Child Care”
A FREE session designed to give parents information and tools on accessing quality child care.
- Characteristics of quality child care
- Communications and relationship building with providers
- Advocating for family friendly public policy in your community
- Time for open discussion and questions
For dates and registration contact: 315-781-1491
Healthy Families Ontario
Having a child in today’s world is a big responsibility. It’s not always easy to know the “right” thing to do as a parent– who to turn to with a question or who to talk to when things seem overwhelming. Healthy Families Ontario can help you. We understand that you are your child’s first and best teacher, and we want to help you be the best parent you can be. Target Audience: Expecting and new parents.
Families in Transition
In 2006, the NYS Court system decided to allow judges to order parents to attend Parenting Education and Awareness Programs. Though few are located in our area, Child & Family Resources recognizes the need to provide parenting education for parents who must now parent separately. It is imperative that children come first in a situation where both parents are no longer in the home. Families in Transition will be offered in Yates, Ontario and Seneca counties to meet that need for parents and court referrals. It will be offered on a monthly rotating basis.
Parents engaged in custody, divorce and separation disputes are offered this six-hour class that is approved by the courts. Parents will learn the importance of parenting in a similar manner while separated, and how it affects the children involved. Note: Both parents cannot attend the same session.
Target Audience: Court ordered parents, separating parents or parents apart
Parenting for Life
This on-going parenting group offers information and support in a group setting that will focus on a variety of parenting topics which promotes enhancing the quality of family life.
- Meet with other parents to talk about parenting and life issues
- Increase parent-child social interaction
- Playgroup opportunities for children
- Guest speakers for specific topics
- Prenatal Education offered
- Lean positive techniques to enhance your child's development
- Learn effective discipline strategies
All parents are welcome! No Fees! For enrollment information contact 315-536-1134