For all potential family and group family providers.
This course covers all required components in order to become registered or licensed.
- 30 hours of training for new providers includes:
- Required Health & Safety (Sessions 1-6) $250*
- Required CPR/FA (Sessions 7-8) $125**
- Remaining required topic areas (Sessions 9-11) $150**
- Up to $235 of the training fees for Health & Safety
sessions (1-6) are reimbursable to new providers who are successful in receiving their registration or license.
*You may be eligible for a Health & Safety Start-Up Grant to help cover the
$250 fee. Limited Availability
** You may be eligible for the Potential Provider Package to help cover the $125 and $150 fees for the
remainder. Limited Availability
- Existing Provider attendance at these trainings: ONLY those existing providers who move, change modalities or are required to retake these classes due to OCFS cited compliance requirements may attend these trainings. (single sessions $50 each)
- Existing Registered or Licensed providers using EIP funds to pay for above
training MUST enclose their EIP voucher, or if a voucher has not been
received, a copy of their completed EIP application or fax coversheet (on-line EIP applicants only) with check payment when registering. Child & Family
Resources will refund payment to provider once EIP voucher has been
submitted and paid.
· Participants must bring photo ID to first session
· Potential Providers using grant funding to cover Health & Safety session fees MUST have pre-approval before attending and are still required to pay the $40.00 registration fee.
· Potential Providers accessing the Potential Provider Package to cover sessions 7-11 MUST have
pre-approval before attending and are still required to pay the $40.00 registration fee.
· Potential Providers who are paying for Health & Safety Sessions out of their own pocket, can be
reimbursed from SUNY after receiving approved registration/License from OCFS.
· Potential Providers are not eligible to apply for EIP voucher to cover session fees.
Class registrations and questions can be directed to: Heather Fiero at 315-536-1134, ext. 2306
Grant applications and questions can be directed to: Tracy Killigrew at 315-536-1134, ext. 2314